New for 2019, the South Florida PGA will have a Collegiate Division during various summer events. This collegiate division is designed to provide our Junior Tour Alumni with competitive tournaments while away from school on summer break and to keep junior Tour Alumni who may not play collegiate golf engaged in the game. These events are designed to provide players with elite tournament set-up to keep them involved in tournament golf. The collegiate division will be available at various SFPGA events during the summer months.
The Collegiate Division is open to any player who is currently enrolled in college and 23 years of age or younger. Eligible participants do not need to be on a collegiate golf team. Cost Each event will cost $150-$175 to enter. Players will receive a sleeve of Titleist golf balls at the event. South Florida PGA membership is not required to participate. Field Size Registration is limited to 12 males and 12 female participants. More spots may open based on registration from the junior division. Registration is based on a first come, first served basis.
The overall male and female champion will receive pro-shop credit. Second and Third place awards will be determined based on field size.
Tour Refund Policy and Withdraws
Prior to the event deadline cancellations/withdrawals MUST be submitted via EMAIL to the Junior Golf Director, Chad Peters at email@example.com. If a request for cancellation is received after the event deadline and the event does not have a waitlist or no one from the waitlist can fill the spot, NO refund will be granted. In the case of an emergency or medical illness, a written doctor’s note must be submitted to the Section office within five days immediately following the event. All refunds will be issued minus a $10 processing fee.
Women 6,100- 6,400 yards
Men 6,900- 7,100 Yards
June 27th- 28th, Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship- Lost Tree Club/ The Bears Club
July 17th-18th Challenge Event #5- Normandy Shores Golf Course
July 31st- August 1st, Challenge Evennt #6- Plantation Preserve Golf Course
South Florida PGA Scholarship
South Florida PGA Scholarship History
*Please note the scholarships listed below are no longer available for application*
Developed in 2018 the South Florida PGA Foundation annually provides one local student with a four year, $20,000 scholarship to assist with their college education. The student selected to receive the scholarship will receive it in $5,000 increments over the course of four years. In order to receive funding each year, additional paperwork including a copy of the student’s transcript must be submitted to the SFPGA Foundation to ensure the student is performing at an acceptable level.
For further information, please click here now.
Southwest Chapter of the South Florida PGA Scholarship
To provide high school seniors located on the West Coast of Florida with funding to assist with their college education. The Southwest Chapter Scholarship is open to high school seniors who have played competitive golf in high school. Applicants must have an academic achievement of a 3.0 GPA or higher and show evidence of community service and outside activities. Please note: Applicants must reside in Charlotte, Collier, or Lee County.
For further information, please click here now.
- Michael O’Brien Scholarship
- The Don E. Beattie Scholarship
- The Bobby Goodman Scholarship
- PGA Golf Management Scholarship at Florida Gulf Coast University
Join us on Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 from 6:00 - 8:00 PM at Boca Lago Country Club for the College Seminar.
Click HERE to register now!
The South Florida PGA is committed to preparing junior golfers for the next level. We offer students and parents a FREE college seminar with invaluable information about how to get to the next level. Topics discussed will include the PGA Golf Management program, NCAA, NAIA and NJCAA rules and regulations, communication with coaches, recruiting process, resumes and videos, official and unofficial visits and personal perspective from a student athlete and a parent of a student athlete.
- Sarah Trew - Women's Golf Coach - Florida Gulf Coast University
- Ryan Jamison - Men's Golf Coach - Florida Atlantic Univeristy
- Joe Vogel, PGA - Women's Golf Coach - Florida International University
- Chris Grace - Women's Golf Coach - Johnson & Wales University
- Marcelo Huarte - Women's Golf Coach - Lynn University
- Christa Teno - Women's Golf Coach - Seminole State College of Florida
- Jaime Howell - Men's Golf Coach - Eastern Florida State College
- Tara McKenna, PGA - PGA Golf Management - Florida Gulf Coast University
- Denise Jakows - Mother of PGA Tour Professional Brooks Koepka
- Laura Edmonds - Student Athlete at Florida Gulf Coast University
- Danni Rocco - PGA Golf Management Student at Florida Gulf Coast University
- NCAA Clearinghouse
- NCAA Rules & Regulations
- Writing Resumes / Preparing Vidoes
- PING College Golf Guide usage
- Official / Unofficial Visits
- PGA Golf Management University Program
- Responsibilities of a student athlete
- Communication with coaches
- Competitive schedule
- Recruiting process
- Parent support
- Finding the right program
- High School grades
- Visiting colleges
The South Florida PGA is committed to helping juniors achieve their dreams of playing collegiate golf. We have put together a wealth of information that we hope can make the process easier on you. This is a guide of information that will help guide you in the correct direction when beginning the recruiting process.
Websites for the College Bound Student Athlete:
What is the PGA Golf Management University Program?
- A four-and-one-half to five year program for aspiring PGA Professionals
- Accredited by the PGA of America
- Provides extensive classroom studies, internship experience and opportunities for player development
- Prepares students with the knowledge and skills to succeed in the golf industry
- Offers expanded career paths in addition to traditional green grass locations
- Allows students to earn a degree in areas such as Marketing, Business Administration, Hospitality Administration, Recreation and Park Management
- Graduates currently have a 100% employment placement rate
Florida Gulf Coast University
There are 18 PGM Programs across the country and one right here in south Florida. The FGCU PGA Golf Management University Program is located in Fort Myers, Florida. For more information, click here